Make sure dip switch 600 on the new MFP board is turned to on that will cause the same problem and are you absolutely positive that you are waiting long enough for the firmware upgrade screen to appear? I've had these machines sit there for almost a minute with a black screen waiting for the upgrade screen to appear which is normal according to KM.............. It sounds like you have another C253 that you can test with, take the NVram off the good one and put it on the problem machine and see if your problem is fixed. If not try this.|
CAUSE: Possible corrupted or damaged NVRAM.
SOLUTION: Perform “NVRAM Initialize” with NVRAM recovery card or replace the NVRAM.
Note: In case of the other issues than those mentionedo “Data Clear” in system1 => Initialization of Service mode Do “NVRAM Initialize” with NVRAM recovery card If problem is not solved although above measurements have been applied, the NVRAM will need to be replaced.
How to use NVRAM recovery card
1. Create the card in same manner as making a normal firmware card.
CAUTION: Never format the CF card on color machines. Write the data to the existing info using the Firmware Imaging Toolkit 2006 or Cygwin™. Please install the special firmware:
bizhub C450/C351: 20070301_4037-F000-GCN-G4-000(00), Checksum: 29F9.EXE
bizhub C250/C252: 20070301_4038-F000-GCN-G4-000(00), Checksum: 16E6.EXE
bizhub C352/C300: 20070301_9J06-F000-GCN-G4-000(00), Checksum: 66AA.EXE
bizhub C203: A02E0Y0-F000-GEQ-J8(00).EXE
bizhub C253: A02E0Y0-F000-GDQ-J8(00).EXE
bizhub C353: A02E0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE
bizhub C451: A00K0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE
bizhub C550: A00J0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE
bizhub C650: A00H0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE
2. Insert the card in the slot.
3. Power ON MFP while pressing “Clear” key until below screen appears.
4. Select either “NVRAM initialize” or “NIC setting erase”.
5. Press “Start”.
6. Power OFF/ON the MFP.
CAUTION: When first powering ON the MFP after having done “NVRAM initialize”, the MFP panel may become dark for about 30 seconds after the hourglass screen. Do not power OFF the MFP until operation screen appears. If having done the “NVRAM initialize”, be sure to
make the following setting in the Service mode:
- System1 => Marketing Area
- System2 => HDD
- System2 => Option Board Status
- System2 => Image Controller Setting
- System2 => Software Switch SettingSwitch No.: 10, Hex Assignment: 00 (be sure to press 0, 0) 7. Power OFF/ON the MFP again.
8. Do the setup procedure found in the attached instuctions and Installation Manuals. To open the ZIP file, WinZip® should be installed. WinZip® can be downloaded from the WinZip® website: http://www.winzip.com/ddchomea.htm. The file can either be saved to disk or opened. It is recommended to download the ZIP and open from the local computer to view.
To view the zipped PDFs, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
Note: Machine will appear to have no power because the MFP Control Board is unable to detect when the Sub Power Switch is powered ON. If the problem persists, swap a NVRAM from another color MFP (bizhub C250/C252/C352/C353/C451/C550/C650) for testing purposes and see if it corrects the issue. If so, order a new NVRAM.
IMPORTANT: All data except sales counter data will be initialized.
SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by Cesar Jimenez, Production Print/SSD