Someone has ever asked this problem and I have post a solution for this. Here is my answer:
Service error 5100 indicates that carriage return (CR) operation is not performed successfully. After the printer turned on, printer initialize some operation include CR operation. This error happens when carriage part (carriage unit) has problem when move right and left in initialization process.
This may be caused by:
* Faulty carriage part so thatit cannot read film encoder properly. As a result, carriagepart move on uncontrolled.
* Dirty film timing **** strip (Horizontal film encoder;available only ini series and above) so carriage part cannot read film encoder properly.
* Another material (such as broken paper, etc) present in carriage path, blocking carriage part from moving.
To fix this problem you may try the following tips:
* Check if any material present in carriage path; remove (clear) it
* Check if film encoder is dirty; wipe slightly with moistened clothe.
* At last, if carriage part is faulty you need to replace it.
Hope this will be helpful for you. Best regards,
Inkjet Printer Forum